When you hear the term relining, the first thing that you would probably think is replacement. But relining is not about replacement but it is all about repairing the broken section of the water pipes. The process can be messy and at the same time, it can also cost you a lot of money. Depending on the severity of the problem, pipe relining will take a longer time to finish but the latest technology makes it possible to be done faster.
The process involves the insertion of a cloth resin or a fiberglass that is saturated with adhesives and this material will be inserted in the broken or damaged portion of the water pipes. The goal is to make a pipe within a pipe so the need to replace the entire water pipe is prevented. This is what pipe relining is all about. This process is ideal for many types of sewer lines such as those water pipes that are made with cast iron, earthen ware and the popular PVC pipes. Pipe relining can be done in water pipes that range from 40 mm in length and up to 600 mm in size. Below are the brief summary of the process that the pipe relining North Shore undertake during the process of pipe relining:
- The plumbers will thoroughly clean the water pipes so inspection can be made better and assessment of the extent of the damage can be done accurately.
- The state of the art plumbing video will be used to detect the damage. This is done in order for the plumbers to locate the exact place of the damaged portions of the water pipes that need pipe relining. The home owners will also be shown the video so they can have an idea as to the severity of the damage.
- When the damaged portion is located by the plumbers, further clean-up will be done through the use of high pressure water jet. This is done to prep up the damaged portions of the water pipes for pipe relining.
- Then the plumbers will install the liner soaked in adhesives and an inflating gadget will be used to fit the material into the size of the water pipes.
- Then the plumbers will wait for it to get dry which will take an average of two hours.
- Lastly a camera will be used again to determine if the pipe relining is done correctly.