Traveling is one of the most beautiful and learning experiences and for backpackers who wish to visit Sydney, Australia and work there while exploring the beautiful city, there are temporary jobs available for them and it is sometimes referred to as work and travel. Backpackers tend to spend half of their time in Sydney, Australia working and this article gives tips in finding backpackers job in Sydney, Australia.
Photo Credit : www.backpackerjobboard.com.au
1) The first thing is to know your skills and abilities. When applying for backpacker jobs, you need to market those two since you are only looking for a temporary job. In most cases, one of the tips in finding backpackers job in Sydney, Australia is not so much about your degree but more on what you are capable of doing with very little training.
2) Then you also need to lower your job expectations. Do not expect to be given with managerial positions. Basically the jobs available for backpackers are the types that will make their hands dirty, so to speak.
3) One of the tips in finding backpackers job in Sydney, Australia is to apply for a position in the hostel that you are staying at. It is very convenient as you do not have to pay for transportation expenses as the job is where you are staying at. Some hostel available job positions for backpackers include: cleaner, cook, receptionist, among others. Though some hostels will not pay you with money, but rather you with free room accommodations or free food.
4) Another tip for finding backpackers job in Sydney, Australia is to connect with other backpackers. They can make recommendations or in case a backpacker has already left, then they can recommend you to the hiring officer.
5) If you are interested to apply for a backpacker job in a construction site, be prepared as some construction companies will accept you but they will not give you free safety gears such as helmet and working boots. These items might be shouldered by you.
6) Another tip for finding backpackers job in Sydney, Australia is to apply as a salesman. If you think you have perfect communication skills and you are good at convincing people, then this position may be the best one for you. Normally, you are not given a monthly but commissions only. Either you are a telemarketer or a door-to-door salesman.
Whatever job you are applying for, remember that finding backpackers job in Sydney, Australia is not as hard as you though it to be, but you have to be prepared for the small pay and work with your hands. The pay is good enough to keep you afloat during the time you are staying at Sydney, Australia.