The flooring of your home or business shop can affect the entire look of the place a great deal. That is why, one should choose the flooring properly. It is just a good thing that there are now many options when it comes to flooring materials.
Some of them are affordable compared to the others. However, we all know that most of the time, you get what you pay for. If you choose the less expensive one, you can’t really expect that it will last longer than the costlier type.
Hardwood is one of the most preferred types and for good reasons. They are durable and aesthetically appealing. The only thing about hardwood material is it is costly. With such fact in mind, manufacturers come up with almost similar material but not that expensive—the engineered timber flooring.
Just by the term engineered, you will right away know that it is fabricated and it means that it is not purely what it seems it is. To learn more about this material, check the following items:
- When you say engineered, it means that it is not really the usual solid hardwood you see around. In fact, it is fabricated so that there is a wear layer, which is the one you see when it is already installed and there are multiple layers underneath like it can be up to 12 layers for that matter.
- You might think that the engineered hardwood flooring is not aesthetically appealing just like the real hardwood but that is not the case. This type is also available in almost any species of wood.
- It is not laminated or fake but it is not also the same with the natural hardwood flooring. This is really made of all woods though there are times that the inner layers are incorporated with soft plywood but still it is really made of woods.
- It is more durable than the natural wood flooring because it is made of many layers of real wood whilst the natural wood is just a single wood. This is also one of the many reasons why there are more users of engineered timber wood these days.
- Because it is fabricated, it is also modified so that the usual drawbacks of natural wood are eliminated. That said, it can be installed at all levels of an establishment no matter the level of humidity. You only need to ensure that you follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
The flooring of your property is one of the first things that people will notice. Therefore, it will be better if you just use engineered hardwood timber flooring as it is really made of wood that is modified.