Line marking or road surface marking is imprinted or embedded on the survey to relay information to the public. Precision and consistency are very important in marking lines on roads. Even the smallest mistakes can distort the meaning or instruction. This will eventually lead to confusion or worse, accidents.
Devices and materials:
- Mechanical – Mechanical devices are divided into the reflective or non-reflective and movable and immovable. Best examples are Cat’s eye, Botts’ dots and rumble strips.
- Non-mechanical – Under non-mechanical are the following: paint, stones, thermoplastic, preformed polymer tape and epoxy.
- Visibility – The device or material should be visible with or without daylight. This can be achieved by employing the right techniques. One of which is selecting colours in contrast to the road. This will ensure that the road marking will be standout from the rest. Another one is using resins and clean white aggregate. These will bring forth a high intensity of light from the surface.
- Skid resistance – The marking must also be able to handle to force developed when a tire is put to a halt from rotating slides along the pavement surface.
- Wet night visibility – Contact with water should not be the reason for the mark to come off. Adding surface applied beads and aggregates are the recommended solutions to this concern.
- Eliminate potential risks and occurrence of accidents
- Generate traffic flow
- Assist in traffic law enforcement
- Provide guidance to both drivers and pedestrians
- Address navigational trouble
- Point out efficient routes and direction of travel
- Put drivers on guard with upcoming hazards.
- Provide a fair warning on speed limits, overtaking pedestrian crossing.
- Give time to decelerate on speed humps.
- Indicate parking, clearance and loading zones.
- Isolate reserved bays.
- Notify changes on lanes.
Line marking services include:
- Car park layout, design and marking
- Truck, forklift, and pallet lanes
- Reserved parking bays
- Loading zones
- Pedestrian Lanes
- Fire exits
- Directional arrows
Visit the website of Line marking Brisbane for the best services, car park set outs, installations and others. Limit exposure to danger and prevent liabilities through risk management!