It has been proven that promotional products work. By choosing the appropriate products for your business, you relay to your customers the standards and ethos of your company. It is therefore important to be very selective when giving away products. Do not just choose promotional products based on the cost but choose products based on its benefits to your customers. Also, study the profile of your target market and then give only products that you think will interest them, your customers will highly appreciate it knowing that you took time and effort to study the product give-away that they will appreciate. Listed below are the ways on how you can carefully plan for the kinds of promotional products that you will give to your customers:
1) First is to plan the kinds of products that you wish to give. You can make a list and jot down all the products that your target audience may find interesting. This is also the stage where you will discuss the budget.
2) Then consider the profile of your target market. If, for instance, your target market is sports enthusiast, the right promotional products to give to them are sun visors, caps, among others. You have to make sure that the products are something that they can use.
3) Then choose among the makers of these products who have the most diverse product selection. There are many manufacturers online and choosing one can be quite tricky. The first thing to find out is the product range. Then, ask if you can be given samples. The samples of promotional products may have some charges but only very little. If you do not like the quality of the products, you must be able to return these products without any obligation.
4) Once you have chose the right product for give-away to your customers, discuss with the makers the delivery date. In case there are some issues such as product defects, you must be able to return the products and ask for replacements without additional charges.
5) If you have the budget, it is advisable to have at least two kinds of promotional products, for instance, a pen and stationery with the company logo imprinted on both products.
6) Lastly, be sure that all vital information such as contact numbers and website address are written on the promotional products. These products can be equated with business cards.